Another Lynkey Sportive frame but this one has a very different drive train. The customer wanted to have a very wide range of gears but with Shimano moving away from triples we’ve paired a mountain bike rear mech (XT SGS) and cassette (11-40t) with Ultegra shifters, a Jtek ShiftMate 8 takes care of the mismatch in the cable pull ratio’s.
The combination of the Praxis Alba M30 chainset (48-32t) and the 11speed cassette (11-40t) gives a useable range of 21.35 to 116.38 gear-inches which compares well with the old school triple set-ups. Being only a double chainset the shifting at both ends is crisp even under load.
- Frame – Lynskey Sportive Disc
- Forks – TRP CX Fork with 12mm axle and mudguard mounts
- Brakes – Shimano RS685
- Rear Mech – Shimano XT SGS
- Front Mech – Shimano Ultergra 6800
- Cassette – Shimano 11-40t 11spd
- Chainset – Praxis Works – Alba M30
- Bottom Bracket – Praxis Works – M30